Thursday, November 18, 2010

My Blog, Take Two: The New Sexier Version..



The original plan for this year was to attempt to take my travel photography to the next level through getting lost in the more remote and beautiful parts of Asia. However, by hiring an assistant (Dave from pennsylvania), spending crazy money on custom built stages, helicopters and businessmen handshaking everywhere i've ended up as far from that goal as the lone McDonalds in Samoa is to it's 354 sister outlets in NYC. One of the main reasons for this U-turn (as i'll try and illustrate in my post on Sri Lanka coming soon) is there's a pretty major conflict of interest with the photojournalistic direction I want to take my photography and attempting to be a successful stock photographer at the same time. So the plan is to continue with the handshakes (and some cooler stuff) for now in the hope that in the near future I will be in a situation where I can put all my effort into my photography without any commercial restraints.

I promise to post regularly this time around (even if its nonsense) with a mix of posts on the places i've been with my camera over the last few years and images from my more recent projects. I'll try and show through mini-tutorials how I took my photos so please give me plenty of feedback and let me know what you want to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment